21 August 2021
Restrictions have eased in the 11 SEQ local government areas from 4pm Friday 21 August 2021.
Below is the official directive regarding Facemasks:
- You must carry a mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Public Transport and ride share must wear a mask including while waiting for the transport in a public space such as a bus stop, taxi rank or train station.
- Indoors You must wear a mask in indoor spaces (including workplaces, but not in your own home) unless it is unsafe or you can stay 1.5 metres apart from other people.
- Outdoors You must wear a mask when unable to stay 1.5 metres apart from other people who are not part of you household.
- Schools Masks must be worn by teachers and staff (all schools), plus students in high school.
Masks must be worn when at stadiums, at an airport, and on a domestic or international flight departing or arriving in Queensland.
For more information on the current Roadmap click here.